These simple steps of precaution will ensure more years of enjoyment and ownership of your favorite lingerie items.
- Hand-wash separately from clothes in lukewarm or cold water with a neutral detergent.
- Do not apply detergent directly onto the fabric as it may cause discoloration. Dissolve detergent in water first and use the solution to wash.
- Do not use hot water or bleach as they may discolor fabrics.
- Wash dark colored items separately from light colored ones.
- All brassieres, padded brassieres and girdles with wire or bone support should be hand washed. Machine-washing may damage the shape of the garment.
- Avoid scrubbing as it may damage the fabric or delicate details. A soft toothbrush may be used to gently clean straps and underwire sections but not the cups.
- Items without padding, wire or bone support can be machine-washed. Use a ‘lingerie laundry bag’ to prevent fabric damage from other clothes. All items with hooks or zips should be fastened before washing. Do not spin-dry.